Re: I'd like to help maintain the Zsh Web Page

Austin Traver wrote:
> I feel the exact same way. Markdown is a great fit.

> I'd need to start by replicating the documentation in the equivalent
> markdown.

The actual documentation is something of a different matter. That's not
written in HTML but in a macro language named yodl that converts to any
of man pages, HTML or texinfo (from which it can be rendered to PDF,
info pages and other formats). The man pages are possibly the most
important form for the documentation. I'm not sure whether that can be
replicated from markdown but it really would need to be. texi2html is
quite configurable if we just want to tweak the web version of the
documentation. I'm not saying it has to be this way forever but take the
time to understand it first so you don't end up doing a lot of work that
goes to waste.

> What repositories host the Zsh documentation, is there a clone on GitHub I can fork?

The documentation is in a Doc directory alongside the source code -
https://git.code.sf.net/p/zsh/code
There are mirrors on github and gitlab if you prefer.
Sourceforge website content is https://git.code.sf.net/p/zsh/web
zsh.org website content is only the one file, so curl or saving from
firefox is probably easiest.

Oliver