Re: New Zsh Logo

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 10:59:54PM +0100, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:
> I didn't know zsh had a logo of any kind so I had to find it.

Never visited the www.zsh.org website with a browser which shows
favicons in the tab like e.g. Firefox or Chrome/Chromium?

> Here it is:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zsh-users/zsh/master/Src/zsh.ico

Huh? Never saw that one. For me, https://www.zsh.org/favicon.ico
was always "the Zsh logo". We also used for the Zsh packaging repo in
Debian's Gitlab: https://salsa.debian.org/debian/zsh

(But I'm happy to replace that badly upscaled one in Debian's Gitlab
with the new logo once it has been decided on. :-)

> > Here are the three current choices --- not quite final, but definitely
> > getting there. Looks like variant 3 is our favourite at the moment.
>
> All three looks very nice. It took me a while to figure out how they
> are different. With glasses on I like variant 3 best: rounded corners
> and closer lettering is quite elegant.

Same here, #3 is clearly my favourite, mostly because the frame has
rounded corners and since the H is part of it, the font needs rounded
corners as well. And I prefer the zsh-typical % as identifier.

		Kind regards, Axel
--
PGP: 2FF9CD59612616B5      /~\  Plain Text Ribbon Campaign, http://arc.pasp.de/
Mail: abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  \ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and Usenet