Re: PATCH: Allow using STTY= to save terminal state

On 1/18/22, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 2:25 PM Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> A person in IRC had issues with a command (fastlane) changing some random
>> stty settings [...]
>> it would be nice to be able to do this without having to specify a random
>> stty setting to actually change when starting the command
>
> Umm, isn't this what "ttyctl -f" is for?  What have I missed?

I remembered about STTY= existing, and its documentation does not
reference ttyctl (in fact nothing references ttyctl except for the
ttyctl entry). That said, running ttyctl -f and ttyctl -u around a
command is a bit more work than simply prepending STTY= (which
currently just causes the stty help text to be printed, which doesn't
seem very useful).

--
Mikael Magnusson