Re: PATCH: Allow using STTY= to save terminal state

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 3:17 PM Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...] running ttyctl -f and ttyctl -u around a
> command is a bit more work than simply prepending STTY=

The point of ttyctl -f is to run it from .zshrc and only use ttyctl -u
when absolutely necessary.  You're not supposed to need to switch it
on and off.

(I wonder, though, if the thread from users/27471 might get tangled up
here.  Something about the startup sequence seems to have got wonky.)

> ([STTY=]
> currently just causes the stty help text to be printed, which doesn't
> seem very useful).

Agreed that running stty with no arguments in that instance is not helpful.