Re: Superfluous completion for noglob

On Mon, Jun 3, 2024 at 12:55 PM Patrick <patrick1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Pressing 'Ctrl-x h' after 'noglob cd' reveals:
    tags in context :completion::complete:cd::
        local-directories   (_cd)

    tags in context :completion::complete:noglob::
        use-compctl         (_default _python_argcomplete_global)
        globbed-files       (_files _default _python_argcomplete_global)

I would expect that plain 'cd' and 'noglob cd' offer the same completion items.

They do, for me, zsh -f with default completions.

 _python_argcomplete_global is not part of the base zsh source, so it must have been added to your completion functions somehow.  I would look for something there that has unwittingly or misguidedly changed the completion for "noglob".