RE: Re: Valid Links?

On Sat, 31 Aug 2024 12:06:40 -0500, Clinton Bunch <cdb_zsh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like to take a stab at a reorganization and updating to use more=20
> style sheet and less tables.=C2=A0 I want to add a dark mode and support =
> for=20
> mobile browsers as well as keep zeurkous request for=C2=A0 text based bro=
> wser=20
> support in mind.=C2=A0

Thanks :)

> (though elinks' partial support of CSS may be=20
> problematic)

Me's always expected for lynx(1) to grow some CSS support, eventually,
so the problem may not be limited to elinks in the future.

On me as-yet-unpublished WWW site, me ended up using a `skunkworks'
combination of CSS for layout (complete w/ proper NAV tags etc.) and
traditional HTML markup for content. Me's tested it in a couple of more
graphical browsers as well and it looks fine.

Perhaps that's the most compatible approach, even if it will propably
ring alarm bells in the W3C validator.

        --zeurkous.

--
Friggin' Machines!