Re: aliases not getting expanded inside functions?

On Jan 13,  7:40pm, Carlos Carvalho wrote:
}
}  >Hrm.  I was sure I'd tried it, but on your input I get the same result
}  >you do.  Well, there's always:
}  >
}  >    IFS=';' eval 'fields=( $=dataline )'
}
} Good, and it also works without the eval:
}
}      IFS=';' fields=( $=dataline )
}
} did it for me.

Er, yes, I'm sure it did, but I think you'll find that after that line
is finished, IFS remains set to ';'.  The `eval' is in there so that IFS
will be automatically reset to its old value after the command finishes.