Re: [ANN] zsh-bin: statically-linked, hermetic, relocatable zsh

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 8:48 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> $ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/romkatv/zsh-bin/master/install
> $ ./install -d /aWorking/Zsh/Zsh-5.8
>
> 'man' was working but it was the old files, which I then deleted.

This is missing a few steps. How did you get to `man` after `./install`?

> It's all so compact now Roman, IMHO this is so much easier and more
> understandable.

Thanks!

I'd really like to get to the bottom of the issue with `man`. It works
for me on a dozen systems I've tried it on. Do these commands result
in non-working `man zsh` for you?

  mkdir /tmp/zsh
  cd /tmp/zsh
  wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/romkatv/zsh-bin/master/install
  sh ./install -d /tmp/zsh/zsh
  PATH="/tmp/zsh/zsh/bin:$PATH"
  zsh

If so, could you provide some details about your system so that I can
reproduce it?

Roman.