Re: [ANN] zsh-bin: statically-linked, hermetic, relocatable zsh

On 2020-04-05 11:57 a.m., Roman Perepelitsa wrote:

This is missing a few steps. How did you get to `man` after `./install`?

'Get to'?  I just type the command:

$ man zsh

I'd really like to get to the bottom of the issue with `man`.
I pride myself that if anyone can break something, I can ;-)

It works
for me on a dozen systems I've tried it on. Do these commands result
in non-working `man zsh` for you?

   mkdir /tmp/zsh
   cd /tmp/zsh
   wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/romkatv/zsh-bin/master/install
   sh ./install -d /tmp/zsh/zsh
   PATH="/tmp/zsh/zsh/bin:$PATH"

Ah ...  I didn't change my path.  I link to 'zsh' via a link in '/bin' for simplicity's sake. I'm pressed for time and will try the above a bit latter.  Bet that's it.  Mind, nice to be able to leave the path simple, so perhaps that can be considered.  Does 'man' search the path?

Back latter.