Re: help with installing and correctly configuring zsh on an amd 64 box running gentoo stable

Many thanks for the help and advice.

My .zshrc file now looks like this:

���  mikef more .zshrc
source "/usr/share/zsh-theme-powerlevel9k/powerlevel9k.zsh-theme"

plugins=(
    git
    bundler
    dotenv
    osx
    rake
    rbenv
    ruby
)

ZSH_THEME="robbyrussell"

zstyle ':completion::complete:*' use-cache 1

#!/bin/zsh

#Completion
autoload -U compinit
compinit

# Correction

setopt correctall

#Prompt

autoload -U promptinit
promptinit
prompt gentoo

alias myip="curl http://ipecho.net/plain; echo"

���  mikef

I had originally intended to install powerlevel10k but I found a wiki page
on gentoo
advising on installing powerlevel 9k:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Powerlevel9k

i follow the instructions in it and added the

source "/usr/share/zsh-theme-powerlevel9k/powerlevel9k.zsh-theme"

to the .zshrc file.

When Iog in I get the following error message when I start up a terminal
prompt:

/home/mikef/.zshrc:source:1: no such file or directory:
/usr/share/zsh-theme-powerlevel9k/powerlevel9k.zsh-theme
mikef@bucketlist ~ %

Suggestions on what is wrong here are appreciated.

I noticed that there is a gentoo overlay called fulgurance that might help
me a bit:

https://github.com/Fulgurance/fulgurance-overlay

Has anyone used it on the list here?

Comments appreciated.