Re: PATCH: PROMPT_SP

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 05:27:57AM +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> What happens when THOSE characters cause the line to wrap?

Then you only see as much of the [EOL] string as would fit on the line
before the prompt (I had already tested that, and it seemed like a
reasonable enough behavior).  I had originally thought to use just an
inverse ~ (kind of like the EOF indicator in vi/vim/less), but I thought
that the [EOL] string might be clearer.  But perhaps ~EOL~ would be
better (which would degrade to a single ~ if nothing else fits).

> You don't know how many RI to emit (COLUMNS-7 is definitely wrong in
> your example).

I don't follow this logic -- the code I posted works as expected (since
the RI sequence is preceded by 5 characters and followed by 2 spaces).
Perhaps you mean only in the case where the "[EOL]" wraps to the
following line?

..wayne..