Re: Slowdown around 5.0.5-dev-0

On Oct 22,  2:49pm, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
}
} My conclusions:
} - 36834 introduces high memory usage; I would suggest to use only two
} optimizations -- newheaps and zhalloc; my znavtools are instant fast
} with them, what's slower is searching (wrote search_test function,
} results attached)

My apologies, but I'm not sure I followed all of that.  Can you produce
a diff against commit 8e9a68ad14655c1949b1a04d5715a5caa8c344ee that
shows the situation you think is the best so far?

} - still not sure why 36834 allocates much memory for the string test

Seeing the aforementioned diff may provide a hint.

} - newheaps makes function calls longer, but it's not a substantial
} difference

14% is pretty substantial, but it's probably all gained back if the
function does anything significant with local variables.