Re: highlight test cases (was Re: [BUG?] If true-color is used, overlapping colors do not work)

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 at 00:51, Sebastian Gniazdowski
<sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 at 03:54, Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On 30 Nov, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
> > > The output doesn't follow zsh_highlight replacements for start-code
> > > and end-code and still emits raw codes.
> > >
> > > Could this be fixed?
> >
> > That was intentional. As I stated in 43759 which was the message
> > including the true color patch:
> >
> > | The actual escape sequences appear to be quite standard and are, for
> > | now, hard coded. We should probably support some zle_highlight fields
> > | similar to fg_start_code to allow them to be configured but I'm unsure
> > | of what exact form that should take.
>
> That said, not everything was hard-coded – zle_highlight was respected
> by the true color patch.

Oh, I know see you were referring to additional zle_highlight fields.
I think this means that the uncommon situation can be responded to by
an update to Zshell (i.e. introduction of additional zle_highlight
field(s)).

--
Sebastian Gniazdowski
News: https://twitter.com/ZdharmaI