Re: Incorrect cursor position when ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=0 (with a fix)

Roman Perepelitsa wrote on Thu, 23 May 2019 05:50 +00:00:
> Is there anything else I need to do to move this forward? The patch
> works on all terminals I and others have tried (11 in total; some with
> multiple versions and/or configurations). The code no longer
> special-cases ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=0, which is nice. There is branch for
> ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=0 but it's just an optimization to avoid an
> unnecessary zputc(&zr_cr) call when it's known to have no effect. So I
> think the logic is simpler now.

From the peanut gallery, this sounds ready to merge.  Even if it does
cause a regression in some setup, hopefully that will come up in
prerelease testing.

Are there any other terminal emulators you'd like the patch to be tested
on?  (By the list, not necessarily by you)

> I've attached the patch to the email. You can also find it at
> https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/compare/master...romkatv:rprompt-indent.

In general, please always include patches with the email (inline or
text/* attachment) so they'll be archived.  Feel free to add github
links too, of course.

Cheers,

Daniel