Re: Completion for aplay from alsa-utils

Sun., 24 Nov 2019, 23:51 user Eric Cook <llua@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> You have created:
> - a plugin manager
> - a backdoor for executing commands across separately running zsh processes
> - a json parser
> - a ncurses interface
> - a documentation format
>
> And adding descriptions to a completer is the overwhelming task?

I think that yes, it would be. Think rephrasing one sentence in the name of
"not making the work look like if I've just copy-pasted someone's else
text" (as this is what's the topic is about, I suspect). It's fine to do
so. However, after a few next sentences what's this starts to be is "why I
am doing this? isn't it that the authors of the package knew best what the
options are for?" and this IMO quickly starts to overwhelm.