Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 10:56 AM Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 8:00 AM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > * Whatever we pick for our prompt, should we maybe implement it using the
> > >   prompt-theme system?
> >
> > That would make it less "abandonware" as it was previously accused of
> > being (tho if Debian uses it, it can't be considered completely
> > abandoned).
>
> I can definitely make it use the prompt theme system.

Prompt is one of the main things users want to customize in zle. I
think more people are interested in customizing prompt than
customizing key bindings. It's important to make it easy for them to
do things like changing colors or adding emojis (seriously). These are
much easier if PS1 definition is inlined. I'm afraid that promptinit
is too difficult an abstraction to penetrate.

Roman.