Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install

dana wrote on Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 16:15:58 -0600:
> On 20 Feb 2021, at 02:18, Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yes, I think that’s definitely a good idea. Is that just a matter of asking
> > on their mailing lists?
>
> Axel is the maintainer for Debian, we've brought him in on the list here
> before. I can't remember the others we usually work with, Daniel would know

In general, there's <https://repology.org/project/zsh/versions>, but
I don't think we should rely on it.  If we have a question to downstream
maintainers, we should ask it on an appropriate mailing list — e.g.,
-workers@, or workers@ with an appropriate subject prefix/tag, or as
a drive-by mention in the next email to announce@.

In this specific case, however, which downstreams actually ship
a recommended zshrc?  I suspect few do, so we can contact them directly.
For Debian, we should address our questions to pkg-zsh-devel
alioth-lists.debian.net.  (Those already familiar with bugs.debian.org
incantations may prefer to create a bug with X-Debbugs-Cc instead.)

Cheers,

Daniel