Re: Mirror list

On 9/22/2024 13:52, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
Clinton Bunch wrote:
Do we have a definite list of mirrors?  There are different lists in the
META-FAQ on the sourceforge pages, and in the text version in the "FTP"
site, different again from the zsh.org main page.
When we migrated zsh.org a couple of years ago, we went through the list
and removed all the sites that had ceased to exist. Not a lot remains.
The META-FAQ likely didn't get updated.

I noticed the funet.fi site still has 5.8 as the current version, so
that needs to be fixed or the mirror dropped.
It could be worth trying to contact them to make sure they are mirroring
the correct rsync address.

Also we may want to drop the ftp urls, as the browser gods have
apparently declared them obsolete.
Yes, I doubt they get much use.

Another thing, the META-FAQ lists zsh.org in Australia, but the zsh.org
homepage says it's in the Netherlands.
It's in the Netherlands now.

Oliver

The distribution site isn't that big, and unless traffic is much higher than I would think, I'd be willing to host an HTTPS mirror on my Linode VPS in Dallas using a CNAME like dallas.zsh.org or maybe us-tx-dallas.zsh.org.  We'd have at least one mirror in the Western Hemisphere.