Re: combining .histfiles

On 10/14/2014 06:09 PM, Kurtis Rader wrote:
   : 1234:5 ; echo hello

is the same as just typing

   echo hello

The colon command is mostly useful when you want the side effects from
parsing the rest of the args without running a command.

Ah! Now that you explain it, it's as clear as Zeiss glass. Tx. This means that I can just grab a block of lines from .histfile and they are 'already' a script--no need to massage out those
numbers.  Most cool.  At the end of our suffering is enlightenment.