Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 12:33 PM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:w
> The emoticon wasn't there to convey humour but to acknowledge my
> conflict of interest: I co-maintain a syntax highlighting plugin.  I see
> this context might not have been clear.
> Similarly, I didn't "push" to include that plugin.  I merely floated the
> idea for -workers@' consideration.

Well, like I said, I think it would make a lot of sense for command
line syntax highlighting to be included by default. It feels odd to
have a feature like region_highlight that is basically impossible to
use for anyone without using a plugin. But I think it also feels odd
to include a plugin that is not being maintained within the core Zsh
repo. Moving zsh-syntax-highlighting into the Zsh distribution as an
autoloadable function would make a lot of sense to me.

> Anyway, no harm done.

Glad to hear that. :)