Re: Completion problems on cygwin when nocaseglob is set

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Peter Stephenson wrote:

Greetings, Peter & John,

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:24:22 +0100
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, that seems to be the same conclusion as us:  "mount -c /" fails in
that way and no one really knows why.

Actually, now I've actually bothered looking, that's a different
failure.  In that case, "ls /c" didn't work, but we didn't have that problem
even if /c wasn't explicitly created.  Our problem (with Cygwin) is that "ls /"
doesn't list "c", even though "/c" when directly addressed behaves normally.

"ls /c" won't list "c" unless that dir exists on the underlying
filesystem of the mount point.  That's more a of a Cygwin and Windows
thing than a zsh thing.  Obviously if readdir() isn't returning the entry
it can't be zsh's fault.

Remember that Cygwin is a simulated filesystem on top of the real
filesystem, so certain things defer to the real backing store, for
content, and this appears to be one of those cases.

Likewise doing "ls /c/<tab>" won't work because "c" doesn't exist in the
mount point's dir and can't be looked up for a dir list.

Now, as to the caseglob'ing working in 4.2.6 and not 4.3.4...well, there
have been several changes in the completion system between those two
versions.

PeterS, is it time for a new release? A lot of fixes have been committed
since 4.3.4...

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> or <Peter.Castro@xxxxxxxxxx>