Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 2:53 PM Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I added a first draft for a new `zsh-newuser-install` script:
> https://gitlab.com/marlonrichert/zsh-sensible/-/blob/master/zsh-newuser-install

I would suggest that (1) there be a path into (a possibly less verbose
version of) the current zsh-newuser-install questionnaire, with the
default choice being to simply install the "recommended" zshrc, and
(2) the recommended file include the $startline and $endline markers
so that someone who wants to dive into the questionnaire later can do
so.

This also leaves open the possibility that (3) we could offer two
"recommended" zshrc files, the one we've been working on here and a
minimalist one as described by Roman.

> And I added some more refinements to the .zshrc template:
> https://gitlab.com/marlonrichert/zsh-sensible/-/commit/16f9ec800d469caa61f70964cffb1fce216741c6?w=1#37e915f6ec0aeb1a403e1d14b71f3f58379a9cb2

Only one remark, really:

+ HISTFILE=<HISTFILE>

I realize the string "<HISTFILE>" is meant to be replaced by
zsh-newuser-install, but you could still make this look like a working
shell construct, e.g.,

HISTFILE=${HISTFILE:-}

Similarly of course for _comp_dumpfile and _cache_dir.